Hi valued carers,
Happy August! We hope the month has been good to you and yours so far. As two beings who love the Canberra winters it’s going to be sad to see the cold weather come to an end. But we do know that a lot of people are excited for spring (barring those with allergies – our deepest sympathies to those poor folk). Despite the changing weather, work flow in the MHCV calendar has remained very much constant. This month MHCV has:
- Provided a submission for the inquiry into the legislative, workplace governance and clinical frameworks of the Dhulwa Mental Health Unit
- Closely followed the recently released ACT Budget to consider how it will benefit the mental health space and carers in the ACT generally. Find more details on that below.
- Attended the WOKE DBT program evaluation. The program aims to help manage distressing emotions and also act as early intervention for young people with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) and their families. Feedback from the program has been highly positive. You can learn more about the program below as well.
- Began our sector outreach on the Carer Recognition Act 2021 (ACT) with a presentation for Woden Community Services
- Continued to contribute to various committees and raise the voice of carers
We would also like to extend our gratitude to everyone who responded to the 2022 National Carers Survey, which closed at the end of July. We look forward to seeing how the report on that data will shape up.
MHCV are continuing to posting regularly on Facebook so please head over to our page and give it a like/follow to keep updated with the sector. As always, your voice is vital to the work we do and if you have anything you wish to share please feel free to contact us via email email@example.com.
All the best,
Catherine Joseph and Catherine Vonarx,
The Mental Health Carers Voice Team
Mental Health Carers Voice October 2023 Update
You can read the latest issue of the Mental Health Carers Voice October 2023 Update MHCV…
Mental Health Carers Voice September 2023 Update
You can read the latest issue of the Mental Health Carers Voice September 2023 Update MHCV…
Mental Health Carers Voice August 2023 Update
You can read the latest issue of the Mental Health Carers Voice August 2023 Update…