Hi to all our valued carers,
We hope your March has been sailing smoothly so far. It’s been another busy month here at the MHCV. Some of the highlights of this month include:
- Participation in the ACT Mental Health Workforce Strategy Working Group.
- Keeping up with the progress of Way Back, Safe Haven and Head to Health in Canberra. Initial feedback highlights that these services are growing in reach and well-embraced within Canberra (yay!).
- Attendance in leadership meetings with the other Peaks including MHCC, MHCN, CHN, and Carers Australia
- Meeting with the Advocacy and Policy Advisory Group to help shape the direction of our work in the upcoming months
We are working collaboratively to organise two online consultations seeking carer input on mental health services in Canberra. More details can be found further down the newsletter. These consultations will give carers a chance to:
- Provide guidance on Canberra Head to Health’s service design (10 AM on the 30th of March)
- Inform the model of care for MHJHADS mental health supported accommodation project (1:30 PM on the 5th of April)
MHCV is also excited to hosting an upcoming NDIS information session for carers with the wonderful team at Feros Care. There is only one place left, so please register as soon as possible if you would like to join us for what we are sure will be an informative and enjoyable afternoon tea. The lucky last person can register here.
If you would like to know more about any of these opportunities or if you have anything you wish to share with us, please feel free to send us an email via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catherine Joseph and Catherine Vonarx
The Mental Health Carers Voice Team
Mental Health Carers Voice October 2023 Update
You can read the latest issue of the Mental Health Carers Voice October 2023 Update MHCV…
Mental Health Carers Voice September 2023 Update
You can read the latest issue of the Mental Health Carers Voice September 2023 Update MHCV…
Mental Health Carers Voice August 2023 Update
You can read the latest issue of the Mental Health Carers Voice August 2023 Update…